AIN'T NOTHIN' BUT A HOUSE PARTY, BABY

So Let's Dance.

Friday, January 8, 2010

Oh crazy!


It's David Bowie's birthday- 63 and still doing okay. Enjoy one of my favorite pictures of the man who made me the intolerable man I am today. Always imitated but never duplicated. This particular picture featuring David and Mod Delusion Crush Object© Marc Bolan was taken while they were both on Marc Bolan's television show in 1977, a week or so before Bolan's unfortunate death. If I remember correctly, there's a recording of them playing some song at the end of the show and Bolan falls off the stage and David just sort of laughs. Fun stuff.

I'm celebrating by listening to all my favorites, and maybe persuading my lady to watch a Bowie-centric movie with me like Velvet Goldmine. Labyrinth, The Hunger and The Prestige are also all good, but those only HAVE Bowie- they're not really about him, you know?

A far as his birth, Bowie's probably been born six or seven times, really. Physically just once, but Ziggy, Aladdin, The Thin White Duke, The DJ, The... Dancer(?) are all really new people that share awesome, awesome music.

So as you go about your business on this the day of our Bowie, please also enjoy one of my favorite music videos of him, also featuring Mod Delusion Crush Object© Mick Jagger.



Seriously. Watch that and try and tell me they never fucked.

No comments:

Post a Comment