AIN'T NOTHIN' BUT A HOUSE PARTY, BABY

So Let's Dance.

Monday, January 18, 2010

Out-Of-Commission Quick Ones

So the other night, my computer decided that it was quite done with life and would just rest its eyes and let the arsenic take hold. It's in intensive care with some very nice nerds in Princeton right now, while I'm using the Emergency Backup Laptop to squeak out blog entries just to keep up the habit. Gosh, life sure is hard. Okay, here's what's up:
  • The picture above is Debbie Harry, Blondie frontwoman, side by side with Lady Gaga, current world ruler. Now, Her Gaganess has been up front about who she loves and where she gets her influences from. But, the similarity in these two pictures makes me wonder if she had seen this photo of Debbie and it hid somewhere in her subconscious until she needed an idea. I love them both, but the similarity is real funny.
  • You're on the internet, right? You're a champ? So why are you not looking at Mitch Ansara's fucking fantastic I Can Read Movies series? You are, right? Okay, good. because if you're not, you're missing out to the max. The basic idea, in case you're completely pop culture illiterate, is to introduce a little graphic design to movie posters instead of making them ill-photoshopped star's faces fading all over the place. I mean, take a look at the original poster for Mean Girls:
  • Woof. I mean really, what a fucking mess. you get the idea, that these girls are mean- but there's absolutely nothing really memorable about this. It was whipped up in ten minutes according to a manual on how to make a cheap movie poster. On the other hand, look at this gorgeousness:
    Now that's a poster. Go check those out.
  • I'm a mostly skinny man, but I know I won't be staying that way for long. I know that if I don't take care of myself, I'll be sweating whole chicken nuggets by the time I'm 25. Same goes for my hair- It's falling out with disturbing rapidity, so I have got to keep that shit on lock. So what can a man do to try and cheat mortality? I'm going to start by taking care of myself and exercising, which is a very out-of-character thing to say. However, I've found inspiration in this video starring the man I just wrote over a thousand words about.

  • Well look at that. I want that stomach, if not the teeth. That video is apparently the original version of the AWESOME space one that i posted before. You can see a lot of the stuff that's in the final version in this early draft, and I'm very fond of the lightning bolts. I may have to pilfer that in a future video.
  • Oh hey, Big Damn Heroes. Looks like you got something, there. What is it boy? Is it you guys playing your NUMBER ONE SUMMER JAM and theme song, Big Damn Heroes? With lyrics mumbled by Mike Pfeiffer and Dylan Roth, and rhythm affairs pounded down by Jammin' Julian Ames and David "The Mavid" Fruhling? Golly, it sure is.
  • NOTE: Big Damn Heroes was only a number one summer jam on the "Music I've written and also enjoy listening to" charts. It was also the only item to chart, pretty much ever. The recording's a little shitty, but we had fun.
  • Are you following the Tumblr yet?
  • Rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment